The Limerick Writers’ Centre in association with the Limerick Soviet Centenary Committee is seeking submissions for a new anthology of writing. The anthology working title is;
– An Anthology Commemorating the Limerick Soviet 1919
We welcome everyone to submit prose, poems or illustrations on the theme of the 1919 Limerick Soviet. We are looking for work that is both a commemoration and celebration of this event and highlights the historical significance and the lessons learned for todays trade Unionism and politics. You do not have to be an established writer to submit, we want writing that is varied and embodies the strength of feeling, covering issues relevant to our theme, but relatable to all. it will be published during 2019. Due to space restrictions we ask that you submit pieces of not more than 2000 words, poems no longer than 40 lines. Submission does not guarantee publication.
The anthology will be edited by: Dominic Taylor and John Liddy
• Submit a Word document by email only with your name and a short bio
• Up to three poems, (we are flexible but try to keep to a max line count of 40) or three illustrations or one piece of prose
• Original unpublished work is encouraged but previously published work is acceptable provided there are no copyright issues.
• Closing date: Saturday 31st Dec 2018
• Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Put the word Anthology in the subject box and submit your work in one Word document.